Average

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Today was uneventful.

Work was average. I was informed that it will probably be another two weeks before having a day off even becomes a remote possibility for me. But hey, who needs downtime anyway, right?

I am reaching the point where I am becoming something of a work-zombie. When I am not at work, I don’t want to do anything. Case in point, today. I came home, parked on the couch with my laptop, and did nothing. For the last six hours, I have barely moved more than my mouse-clicking finger. I’ve read blogs, news sites, twitter, etc. I haven’t posted much though, because that seemed efforty.

In fact, I just had an entire conversation with the Jailbait about how I was tired, but getting up to go to bed seemed efforty. But if I allowed myself to sleep on the sofa, I would just be uncomfortable. And I would probably wake up stuck to the leather sofa. That could be remedied by putting a blanket underneath me, but that would require finding a blanket. Again, efforty.

Luckily, I finally mustered the energy to sit up and make a blog post about nothing so as to not get out of the blogging habit. Otherwise, I might have jut laid there staring at the ceiling all night because getting up and going to bed would be too much effort and hey, who really needs sleep anyway?

And now that I have bored you with tales of how I am old and exhausted and whiney, I shall convince my fuzzy dog that bed is where we need to be and slowly make my way down the hall. But first, I have to convince my butt to remove itself from the sofa.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
How Everybody Gets Found by Hilary is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available by contacting me @ hilary@getting-found.com.
I don't own the words, but the order in which they're written is mine, so don't take 'em without asking, k?
© 2010 HRP